Thursday, December 15, 2005

Who is my best World of Warcraft character?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Morsh was the first character I made, and I thought an Orc Warrior would be pretty straightforward and simple. I used the random name generator for him. After a few tries, it came up with "Moresh". I decided deleting the E and just going with Morsh would sound more guttural, and thus more Orcish. His battle cry is simply "Morsh Morsh Morsh!", because WoW needs more than one guy whose battle cry is just his name.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Iridiscia, my second character, was named after a character I used in a story I wrote as a teenager. I liked the name, so I used it again. Why is she a female? Because sometimes you like to look at a girl's butt as you run around the world, rather than a guy's, as Tomb Raider convinced us all of. She's a hunter, which means she can tame beasts into being her "pet", and assisting her in attacking. Pictured also is her current pet, Bitey. Unfortunately, after I picked the name, I learned that Owls can't use the Bite ability in WoW, but I like to pretend that's his normal attack. After all, Claw is the special attack he does use... but what's he left to do when he's not clawing? Throwing punches?


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


People who have known me for a long time won't be surprised to see Sapsinger here. Sapsinger was a character created for RPGs that DarkHelm GM'ed. He was a Kender, with the unfortunate tendency to bounce about the space/time continuum, with a magical bag of holding, into which many "souvenirs" have "fallen". DarkHelm was kind enough to create a character named Sapsinger, essentially reserving the name for me until I got into the game myself. Gnome was the closest I could get to Kender, and Rogue fit his personality best.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Libbi was, of course, named after my great friend Libby. She's a Paladin. Mental note: Get Libby a sword.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Muucau was me being humorous... just like about 90% of the people who play this race. Say it out loud to get it. He's a Shaman.


And with that shirt and those cuffs...


"The away team will consist of myself, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Ensign Muucau."


"Aw, crap."


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Ilp, my undead Priest, was intended to be a salute to Peter Cook's great character in the movie The Princess Bride, who proclaims "Mawwaige!" is "what bwings us togedder tooday!" Ilp is an acronym standing for Impressive Looking Priest that I felt sounded sufficiently Undead-ish. Unfortunately, after I created the character, I found out that technically, the character was credited as The Impressive Clergyman (at least according to IMDB), but that wouldn't have worked as well anyway. It was DarkHelm's idea to use the face of Undead that didn't have a jaw, which could only help with his pronunciation.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


"Son loves mother, sweet romance! Poor old father has no pants." - Franklin Sherman, The Critic


I finally decided it'd be good to make a character named after myself, and chose a Human Warlock. Warlocks are limited to cloth armor. Since I don't like robes, thinking they look bad, and obscure part of the tabard, as you can see on Ilp, I stick to vests and other such things. Unfortunately, the best "leg" armor I could find right now is just a "loincloth", which are usually intended to work with robes. So yeah, it's pretty disturbing.

You can see each character has a common design on the chest. That's the "tabard" for my guild in the game, WorldofWar.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home